Friday, November 30, 2012

Follow That

How do you follow big news like yesterday's?

I personally think it goes back to the basics.  I think it goes back to focusing on the ones.  To finding the joy in the day to day.

Big events are super fun, but appreciating the day to day is where it's at.  If we were to only focus on big events in our lives, we'd end up disappointed most of the time.

Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE what happened yesterday.  It encouraged me to really appreciate the little things that I can focus on now like this:

80.  C reading his Doggies book in the backseat of the car and laughing when the doggies howl at the moon.
81.  Watching my guys all having breakfast together this morning.
82.  Having a hands on dad for a hubby, who gives me time to get ready in the morning.
83.  A fantastic babysitter (also a biffie) who loves my children.
84.  Accomplishing tasks at work that are lingering.
85.  T's new teeth in the front.  They are big and gappy and they make his smile even cuter on a dime than it was.  Didn't think that was possible!

The weight of the house is off of my shoulders and now, as I look forward to the next big event, I can't wait for the day to days.

1 comment: