Why don't I start here and now? I used to call Tate's room the Pinspired room. Here's the first "corner" I'll show you. When you first look into the room and look straight ahead, this is what you see. If I were Emeril, I would say "Bam!"
![]() |
| This photo was taken by Andrea Walls with Off the Walls Photography |
I mentioned that this idea was originally from Pinterest. We decided to use the image below as inspiration and make it our own:
![]() |
| Source |
We followed the instructions on the link and did a few things of our own. Here's how we did it:
1. We found a font on Microsoft Word. I was sure to find a font that was very blocky with defined corners/edges.
2. We printed each letter as huge as we could (one per page).
3. We lined the entire sheets of paper up above the window and eyeballed/measured where we felt they were centered and at a good height and such.
4. Once we liked what we saw, we took very small nails and a hammer and nailed a nail into each corner or turn of the letter.
5. We pulled the paper right out and tied the embroidery string from the craft store in a knot around the first nail of each letter.
6. We wrapped the string that was anchored to the first nail around the outline of the letter and around each nail. We did it 4 times, you can do what you like.
7. At our final "wrap" we tied the other end off in a knot and we were done with that letter. We spread out the strings so that you could get the full effect.
7. At our final "wrap" we tied the other end off in a knot and we were done with that letter. We spread out the strings so that you could get the full effect.
A few notes:
* Get strong nails that don't bend really easily.
* Make sure the nails are straight in. It might misalign the entire letter if the nail is crooked.
* Don't forget to hammer in the middle bubbles of letters such as A, D, and B.
Oh, and if you'd like to see some other inspiring crafts, then make sure you go to the linky party hosted by Mandy and other bloggers here.




what a cute idea!!
ReplyDelete