And now a confession:
When I first signed up to do this race and raise the money for this cause I felt super overwhelmed. I kind of walked around all night in a daze thinking, "what in the heck was I thinking!?" For some reason, there was something about that over $1000 mark that made this amount seem eeky to me. If it would have been 999 would that have made a difference? I don't know, but I got scared a
Old me would have panicked and then become paralyzed. But this time, I got scared, then I got moving. I over-shared on Facebook. I wrote a letter. I immediately called 2 places to do fundraisers. I posted on here.
In just that short amount of time and one super fun Thirty One fundraiser later, we have made it to under the "eeky" thousand mark. You guys, I feel downright rejuvenated about the whole experience!
People are good and people want to help. I am sure that I will take away so much from this experience in it's entirety, but I feel like this has been my first lesson.
So back to the point, here are some updates:
1. We are at $310 in total donations (one from a complete stranger. Seriously.) I have thought about it, and while I wanted to share whenever someone donated, I have learned that many people want to keep that information anonymous. So I am going to keep their wishes, but you can still send them anonymous love!
2. We have had one Thirty One Fundraiser party. It is still open until next Tuesday (8/13) so if you're interested in some information regarding this, you can email me at ten000reasons@gmail.com
3. I have not run more than 2 miles this summer. This however does not worry me. As long as I am back up to a happy 5K by the end of September, then I'm good.
Other updates:
1. Today I sort of go back to school. We have one training today and then Monday teachers go back. Summer is on it's way out.
2. If you'll notice, there is an easy "Like" my Facebook feature to the upper right hand of the blog. It would make me so happy if you wanted to go and click on it!
3. I have a HUGE (no, I'm not pregnant) announcement to make this month. Seriously, walking on sunshine right now. Keep checking in because as soon as I can share, you bet this over-sharer won't disappoint.
Oh, and if you're wondering, you can check out my Autism Speaks page at:
http://events.autismspeaks.org/disneysprincesshalf/heftykel
No comments:
Post a Comment