Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bench Makeover

We have a bench.  (465)

It was left at our house when we moved here and it lives on our front porch.  This bench was not even something that I liked very much, but it has become a bit of a tradition in our house.  It started with Cameron's newborn pictures with the amazing Andrea Walls of Off the Walls Photography (link)...

Photo Credit:  Off the Walls Photography
This was also our Christmas card picture that year.  That turned into the following year's Christmas card picture in the same spot.  The tradition continued with Tate:

Photo Credit:  Off the Walls Photography

It even made it's way onto the beginning of this blog!  This is last year's Christmas card picture and first banner of 10,000 Reasons blog!


But this is what it looked like:


 Let's get it up close:


Yikes.  Maybe if I were going for a nice weathered look, okay.  But I'm not.  I thought about tossing it and starting over.  A new tradition on a new bench.  After thinking about it, I realized that some spray paint and some previously owned paint might just do the trick.  For a lot less money!  If not, no harm.  

So, as the couple at the YoungHouseLove blog would say, "While I was spraying, I was swaying," and here is an after shot:


Perhaps I should have removed the chalk from underneath, oh well, this is a real bench folks!  

At first I hated it.  It stood out like a sore thumb, but time has changed my mind.  The metal is an Oil Rubbed Bronze spray and the paint is the same white as my laundry room and play room.  Plain white, as is in can. (466)

Coming soon:  Christmas Card on Bench :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! It is a definite difference, but a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bench is nice, but I like it a whole lot more with the Hefty's on it!

    ReplyDelete