Tate is a wonder and a joy. He is extremely easy going and laid back. His favorite thing to do is to jump off of high surfaces while yelling, "See that?!?!" He is an amazing climber, his mom just loves that.
When he messes up at something he says, "Oh Maaaan!"
He adores his brother and loves to snuggle his mama. He's sweet and gentle.
At the same time, he is more than capable of holding his own with a family wrestling match. He often leads the pack. He's weirdly coordinated and I even think athletic. I know that's weird to say about a brand new 2 year old, but he really is.
Tate feels no need to follow anyone. If his friends are all playing, he is perfectly okay with finishing up what he is doing before joining in, if he chooses to join in. I hope that he will always have that confidence in himself. He's wonderful at playing.
![]() |
| Flying Kites at the park? I think I'll read a book instead. |
He reads himself to sleep for every nap and every night. I will walk in his room and see him lying in his bed looking up at a book before he nods off. It's one of my favorite things I've ever seen. He also knows all of his uppercase letters and tries to throw their sounds in there.
Everyone who knows Tate loves him. Strangers who don't know him love him too. He is really handsome and to most people, looks just like his dad.
![]() |
| 2 years 3 months/July 2013 Sand Beach Maine |
This year I prayed for Tate every day at some point that he "grow in wisdom and stature and in favor of God and man." (Luke 2:52) I am so grateful that God heard me because I feel that it is perfectly evident that he is daily answering that prayer.
Sweet Tate, keep on growing in wisdom and stature and in favor of God and man. You will forever be the one who made made me a Mama again and taught me that my heart can grow bigger than I ever imagined!
Happy Birthday!




No comments:
Post a Comment