Monday, August 19, 2013

Mix of Emotions

Today (the first day of school) has me feeling this way:

Genuine excitement, anticipation, happiness, and (over) preparation collides with nerves, self-parental questioning, lack of feeling prepared despite over preparation, and a little bit of tired.

I have been so SO blessed with my situation of maternity leave.  Although, I think we're past calling it that :).  I have truly been weaning my way back into working at a job that I really do enjoy and want to go to.

I feel grateful for "the village" that it takes to help raise our children alongside my husband and me.

I also feel so blessed to be a part of that village for 18 sweet boys and girls that I get to call students this year.  Meeting them at the Back to School picnic on Saturday was complete confirmation of right place, right time.  There were hugs and smiles.  It was fun.

Along with the typical back to school trainings and preparations, I've had a "subject to change" list of 18 names that I've been praying over all summer.  My back to school prayers have at some point included the following:

1.  Prayers for the students themselves
2.  Prayers for me as their teacher.
3.  Prayers of patience, kindness, and extended love (all of these things for me to them).
4.  Prayers of good memories to be made.
5.  Prayers for my own children.
6.  Prayers for their mother to come home refreshed and renewed from time away, ready to give them good mommy time.
7.  Prayers of balance.

1 comment: